The NSW Canyoning Association aims to
- foster an appreciation for and co-operate to pursue safe, responsible canyoning and related activities
- promote a code of ethics for canyoning
- be the voice for the canyoning community
- care for the environment
The association plans to contribute to this by:
- liaison (including other associations, relevant authorities, and landholders.)
- assisting practically in caring for canyoning related environments (for example, working with relevant authorities, arranging working bees for the purpose of anchor maintenance, track maintenance and bushcare.)
- developing and maintaining a recommended guide for safe and responsible canyoning (including guidelines for canyon leaders)
- arranging workshops for the development of safe and responsible canyoning skills (including safe anchors, rigging options, knots for canyoning, and equipment.)
- maintaining a link with international canyoning bodies.
- developing and maintaining a canyon registry, consistent with preserving the wilderness integrity of unpublished canyons.
- developing and promoting a consistent method of canyon grading.